Peninsula Medical Centre - Te Atatu Peninsula
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the New Zealand Government has announced that there will be extreme lockdown nationwide as of 11.59pm Wednesday 25th March. This is Level 4 of the Coronavirus Alert Levels. You must remain at home unless you
Peninsula Medical Centre is your primary care clinic. We are an essential service, therefore we remain open. To protect our vulnerable patients and staff, and reduce the spread of COVID-19 there are some some key changes about how we run:
- No face-to-face consultations - phone consultations now taking place, unless the GP has specifically advised you to come in to the clinic as it is clinically necessary
- People needing Doctor or Nurse input will be triaged first by phone, then either booked in to have a phone consultation, or to be seen in-person if clinically necessary
- Prescriptions will be faxed directly to your local Pharmacy, you will not be able to pick these up from the clinic. Please identify your local Pharmacy before speaking to a Doctor or Nurse.
- We will be reducing our hours slightly, so that we can manage staffing - we will now be open 8.00am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. Effective 24/03/2020
- No further Saturday clinics at this stage.
- Flu Vaccine clinics are still proceeding until otherwise advised. These are for over 65yrs, pregnant women & chronic conditions. We are managing this carefully for the safety of all those coming in - please listen to staff instruction.
As the situation evolves, we are adapting with it, so there may be further changes to the above. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate this together!
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
The 2019 outbreak of Measles is serious. There are risks that children may die of complications. Those who are too young for vaccinations or are immuno-compromised are our most vulnerable.
The only protection is to have the MMR Vaccination.
The MMR vaccine is FREE for those aged 12months - 50years old who have not received
- Children from 12 months old can be have the MMR vaccine, along with three others on the immunisation schedule (previously given at 15months).
- Infants aged 6-11 months would need to see a doctor to be prescribed the MMR vaccine if travelling ot countries with measles outbreaks, or if there are concerns about high-risk of exposure to measles.
- Adults over 50 years (born before 1969) are considered immune and do not require the vaccine.
Patient Portal - Health365
We are pleased to now offer our registered patients the online patient portal Health365, where patients can book appointments with your doctor, request repeat prescriptions and check laboratory results online.
Already registered? Book an appointment or request a repeat prescription here: www.health365.co.nz
Please note: Urgent prescriptions must be arranged through the Nursing team. Children under 16 can be registered under one parent. Partners must be registered separately with individual email addresses
Our services include:
- General check ups
- Antenatal and prenatal care
- 6-week old checks
- Well Child checks
- Sexual health checks
- Diagnostic medicine
- Specialist referrals
- Insurance medicine
- Palliative care
- Repeat prescriptions
We also have other schemes available through our Primary Health Organisation, ProCare. Click here for more services.
Becoming a Patient
To enrol as a patient at Peninsula Medical Centre click here.
The Ministry of Health requires proof of eligibility for funding. Please bring your New Zealand or Foreign Passport for proof of citizenship, permanent residence, or work permit when enrolling.
We look forward to caring for you and your family.
LOW COST DOCTORS VISITS FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES CARD HOLDERS
Effective 1st December 2018, Adult GP visits will be $18.50 and Youth GP Visits will be $12.50. GP Visits for Under 14s are FREE.
Peninsula Medical Centre is a member of the ProCare PHO. Consulting fee subsidies are available for patients who enrol with us. Patients who are casual or who are visitors are not able to receive funding from the PHO and therefore the full fees apply.
Click here for a full list of fees.