Peninsula Medical Centre - Te Atatu Peninsula
COVID-19 LEVEL 1
In LEVEL 1 we are seeing most patients in-person, however if you have any symtoms of respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever etc) you may be booked an appointment in our Respiratory Clinic or for a PHONE consultation.
Peninsula Medical continues to maintain a high standard of infection control processes and this includes, but not limited to, the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in alignment with Ministry of Health protocols. Our waiting rooms will remain without toys or magazines. Eftpos terminals are sanitised.
You will be asked when you enter the clinic if you have any respiratory infection symptoms. If you do, you may be asked to be seen in our Respiratory Clinic or have a phone consult instead. This is to protect our vulerable patients and staff with compromised immunity. We ask that you maintain physical distancing within the practice with at least a 1 metre separation in the waiting room.
As a result of our Infection Control Processes we now have a Respiratory Clinic each day. This means anyone who needs an in-person Doctor appointment but has symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever etc), can now see the doctor in a safe way. This clinic is a separate part of our clinic and the doctor on duty will be wearing PPE. We have strict hygiene and sanitising processes. Call Reception to book an appointment 098346300.
During COVID-19 Alert Level 1, we will be open Normal Weekday Hours (Monday - Thursday: 8.00am-6.30pm & Friday: 8.00am - 5.30pm.) No Saturday Clinics currently, however this is continually reviewed.
During LEVEL 1 you can:
- Book a phone consultation online via Health365 (unfortunately due to too many people ignoring our instruction about infection control, we have had to disable the in-person appointment booking via Health365 temporarily).
- Phone reception to book an in-person or phone appointment. (You may still require a phone consultation with the Doctor, who can assess you over the phone then arrange for in-person visit if clinically necessary and safe to do so.)
- Request a script via Health365 or leaving a message on the Nurse answerphone (09 834 6300 ext 1). Scripts will be sent directly to your pharmacy, please ensure you specify your pharmacy with your request.
- Phone to book routine vaccinations for your child when they are due. We advise children to come in to be vaccinated on time.
- Phone to book a cervical smear test if it is due.
- If you have multiple issues please book a double appointment.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR REGULAR UPDATES
Patient Portal - Health365
We are pleased to now offer our registered patients the online patient portal Health365, where patients can book appointments with your doctor, request repeat prescriptions and check laboratory results online.
Already registered? Book an appointment or request a repeat prescription here: www.health365.co.nz
Please note: Urgent prescriptions must be arranged through the Nursing team. Children under 16 can be registered under one parent. Partners must be registered separately with individual email addresses
Our Services Include:
- General check ups
- Antenatal and prenatal care
- 6-week old checks
- Well Child checks
- Sexual health checks
- Diagnostic medicine
- Specialist referrals
- Insurance medicine
- Palliative care
- Repeat prescriptions
We also have other schemes available through our Primary Health Organisation, ProCare. Click here for more services.
Becoming a Patient
To enrol as a patient at Peninsula Medical Centre click here.
The Ministry of Health requires proof of eligibility for funding. Please bring your New Zealand or Foreign Passport for proof of citizenship, permanent residence, or work permit when enrolling.
We look forward to caring for you and your family.
LOW COST DOCTORS VISITS FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES CARD HOLDERS
- Adult GP Visit - $19.50
- Youth GP Visit - $13.00
- Under 14s - FREE
Peninsula Medical Centre is a member of the ProCare PHO. Consulting fee subsidies are available for patients who enrol with us. Patients who are casual or who are visitors are not able to receive funding from the PHO and therefore the full fees apply.
Click here for a full list of fees.